Wednesday 19 February 2014

Negotiated Client Project: Website Complete

Today I finished the final stages of SEO and testing. The website is now live at this location:

Phoenix Driver Training

Here is a screenshot of the home page:

















Following registering the site with Google's Webmaster Tools and Analytics I am waiting for the Google search engine to crawl and index the site; once this happens I will be able to test the site's ranking for a set of keywords relevant to this business and location.

I have tested the site on a range of browsers and devices; here are my results:

Chrome on Windows Vista: perfect
Firefox on Windows Vista: perfect
Opera on Windows Vista: perfect
Safari on Windows Vista: perfect
Internet Explorer 8 on Windows Vista: full screen is almost perfect with graceful degradation (background image is replaced with a colour as IE8 cannot fully stretch background images). DIV alignment brakes down when screen size is reduced smaller than 961 pixels wide.
Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista: major alignment problems

Chrome on Windows 7: perfect
Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7: facebook like/share buttons are not perfectly vertically aligned (a few pixels too low).

Default browser on Android 2.3.6 smart phone: perfect
Firefox on Android 2.3.6 smart phone: perfect

As with any website it is almost impossible to get it perfect on every device and browser but I am happy with my test results so far.

My next step is to continue testing on browsers on university machines and finally write my project book and evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment