Friday 23 November 2012

Voyage - feedback stage 3

I showed the third draft website to my lecturer, David, today and he told me the overall design was fine but I should add an extra index page for accessibility so browsers without javascript enabled can view some content. There is a line of code which checks if the browser supports javascript and either diverts it to a different page with full js content if enabled or stays on the same plain index page if not enabled. Here is the code I used:

<script language="javascript">
document.location.replace("index2.html");
</script>

Index is my plain splash screen with no js content and index2 is the full version with js. The plain index page is basically just the text that is contained within the map page and nothing else.

Here is a screen shot of the plain index page;

















At this stage I have shown my design to all my class mates and lecturers. I received some very helpful feedback and implemented more or less everything that was suggested. I am confident that this 4th draft website will be the final version and I look forward to the presentation in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment