Monday 20 February 2012

Mood Board


This is a mood board; I made it in my interactive media seminar last week. It shows a collection of images and fonts which represent my personality, the things I like and my cultural background. This is the first step in researching ideas which will be incorporated into my design of a portfolio website. The next step will be to refine my ideas by choosing colours, shapes and fonts to go in my website. My existing website (nimahedayati.com) uses a background of fire and brushed metal textures in the foreground; I was thinking of creating a mirror site with a contrasting theme of 'ice', this was inspired by 'ice and fire' which is a manifestation of the classical Chinese philosophy known as 'yin and yang', these are polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces which are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world. It is said that Yin is black and like ice or water whereas Yang is white and like fire. Here is a well known image which represents this:


No comments:

Post a Comment