Sunday 26 February 2012

Fire Website (third version)

Today I had a chat with one of my relatives who is a graphic designer and got some useful tips about ways I can improve the visual aspect of my site. I was told that the imagery of fire matches my style and music rather than ice.

It was suggested that I try using a blue fire background rather than ice cubes and get rid of the snow flake design in the logo. I had an image of flames which I really liked and have used on other social media sites; I took this image and changed the colour balance so it turned blue but this did not look good at all. I decided it would be best to leave the flame background the original colour and instead changed the entire colour scheme of the site to match the fire colour. I redesigned the logo and added a small image of my guitar in the corner; this immediately shows the viewer that I am interested in rock music.

Here is a screen shot of the new design:

















I also changed the colour of the unselected social media icons so they now match the red colour scheme (these were previously grey).

I am still looking for ways to improve my design so I will ask for more feedback from my tutor at the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment