Thursday 21 November 2013

Client Project: Second Draft Website

After showing my design to my tutor and some friends I received some feedback about the look of the home page; I was told the brown textured background wasn't a suitable colour to represent the urban grunge look, it was also suggested that I could make it look more interesting by changing the position of the logo to the left and overlapping it with the navigation. My tutor advised me that it was not clear for the user what they should do on this page as there were images and links but no clear order to things; I resolved this issue by adding steps 1 to 3 to guide the prospective student to first find a place to study, then apply for a place through UCAS and finally apply for student finance. Again I used the red, amber and green to make the order more obvious. I also removed the footer as I didn't feel this was needed and it didn't look good on my new background. Below you will find a screenshot of the amended home page.


















I achieved the overlapping of the logo using the following styles:

position:absolute;
z-index:2;
left:10%;
top:10px;

No comments:

Post a Comment